Women and women’s groups have had over a 200 year history within the Presbyterian Church. Presbyterian Women (PW) is an independent organization within the PC (USA) which offers all women the opportunity to practice their faith in the midst of a caring community of like-minded women.
- To nurture our faith through prayer and Bible study
- To support the mission of the church worldwide and work for justice and peace
- To build an inclusive, caring community of women that strengthens the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.)
- To witnesses to the promise of God’s kingdom.
Membership – All women who wish to participate
How can you be a part of Presbyterian Women at JIPC?
Women have traditionally held many roles and they have been the worker bees within the Church. We recognize that women today have many obligations, however, JIPC offers numerous opportunities throughout the year to nurture and grow your faith as a Presbyterian Woman.
- Spring Birthday Dinner and Birthday Offering
- Thank Offering
- Spring Event for PW
- Meal Teams for special occasions in our members’ lives
- Retreats and Events
- Mission Outreach Habitat for Humanity, Crisis ministries, Women’s Bible Studies
In addition women of the church may choose to join a circle of Women in which the benefits are many:
- Fellowship with other women of the church
- A network of care and support for each other
- Thought-provoking Bible study each year with other women of the church
- Participation in community projects